It's not too early to start preparing for PATA's 2020 Citywide General Auditions!
To improve the level of quality and ensure a smooth experience for everyone, eligibility requirements for the 2020 Generals have been updated. To be eligible to audition at the 2020 Generals, you must have:
- Either auditioned at PATA's Generals within the past 2 years (at 2019 or 2018's Generals) -- or attended a PATA info session within the six months prior to your upcoming audition (between November 2019 and March 2020).
- And, a PATA individual-level membership (individual performer, student performer, or theatre technician) in good standing.
While attending the info session is required for some, you are also welcome to attend if you have questions about the Generals, would like updates about changes for 2020, or just want to brush up your knowledge of the format.
To help us prepare enough materials for all, we would appreciate your registering for an info session in advance. But, showing up without an RSVP is also acceptable. Please sign in at the info session to record that you attended.
Why is attending an info session so important? Our annual PATA Citywide General Auditions follow a very strict format, and we would like candidates to be ready to show their best work to the auditors. Info sessions cover important logistical topics such as:
- What to expect before, during, and after your audition.
- How to prepare your auditions monologue(s), slate, and musical sheets.
- Deadlines and formatting guidelines for getting your headshot and resume into the binder.
- Specific guidelines for attending the Generals: what to bring, how to dress, your pre-monologue intro, etc.
- What PATA does throughout the PDX theatre community.
- How to participate in our annual Generals and other PATA auditions and workshops.
- Who attends and other opportunities from the Generals.
In addition, several auditors and theatre professionals will be available as a panel to address questions about monologues or song choice, headshots & resumés, and anything else that may come up.
Exemptions from the info session requirement are granted at the Office Manager's discretion. You may request an exemption before registering for Generals by emailing email@example.com if:
- You have a membership in good standing with Theatre Puget Sound. (Did you know? Through our reciprocity agreement with TPS, a PATA membership enables you to audition at TPS' Generals if you meet their eligibility requirements.)
- You reside farther than 50 miles from Portland and Salem, OR.
- You have an ongoing severe emergency or crisis that has made attending an info session impossible.
- You are an Actors’ Equity Association (AEA) member .