PATA invites you to participate in the 2023 Online Citywide General Auditions.
Actor registration will be open from February 27th – March 17th.
Once you register, you will receive a confirmation email containing a link to the online audition submission form.
There will be two form options – one that requires a Google account log in and allows you to upload your headshot and resume (binder materials) via the form, and one that does not require a log in but does not have the option to upload your binder materials. If you use the second form, you can email your headshot and resume to be included in the binder.
Your submission will be shared with all registered auditors. You will also receive a list of auditors so you can see who you virtually auditioned for.
You must complete the audition submission form before the end of the day on March 17th, 2023 in order for your audition to be shared with auditors.
- Individual-level membership in good standing with either PATA or Theatre Puget Sound at time of registration and at the close of the submission period (March 17th, 2023).
- A $15 binder fee to be paid at the time of registration.
- Citywide General Auditions are open to actors of all ages.
- If you are a TPS member, please register here and then email email@example.com with proof of your TPS membership (such as a screenshot of your member profile or receipt).
Overall, your video must be less than 3 minutes total.
You must have a slate, i.e., an introduction including your name, your pronouns, and a brief description of the pieces you are presenting (character name, song or excerpt title if applicable, show title, and author).
Example: Hello. My name is Anna May Wong. My pronouns are she, her, and hers. I will be singing “Love Look Away” from Flower Drum Song by Rodgers and Hammerstein and David Henry Hwang. Also, I will be playing Shizuko Mizoguchi from Velina Hasu Houston’s Kokoro (True Heart).
The performance portion, including transitions between pieces, must be less than 2 minutes total. You may use your two minutes as you wish, however, most performers present programs in the following formats.
- One monologue and one song
- Two contrasting monologues
- Two contrasting songs
Please see the auditions page (https://portlandtheatre.com/Auditions) for full details on audition requirements and recommendations.